We are making a difference by fundraising and raising awareness for people with spina bifida and hydrocephalus.
Our efforts enable SBH Queensland, our non-profit organisation, to provide lifelong support to children and adults with spina bifida and hydrocephalus.
Please support our efforts by making a secure online donation and by posting a message of support. Donations made through this platform are secure, tax-deductible and will be remitted directly to SBH Queensland.
All fundraising proceeds will help SBH Queensland to provide unfunded therapy and support services.
Thanks so much for your support!
Welcome to the 2019 SSKB Wheel & Walk - Celebrating all Abilities!
Get your friends, colleagues and community together help raise funds to support people with spina bifida and hydrocephalus - the most frequently occurring, permanently disabling birth defect.
Learn more about our work in the Community at www.spinabifida.org
Join us for the 2019 SSKB Wheel & Walk Fun Run & Community Day
Date: Sunday 21st July 2019, 8.30am - 12noon
Venue: Orleigh Park, 6 Hill End Terrace, West End, Brisbane
SSKB Wheel & Walk Registration: click here to register
Manual Registration/Donation: If you prefer the manual form, please click here
8.30am - 2019 SSKB Wheel & Walk Community Day
Join us for a range of competitions and family activities, all abilities - wheelchair and non-wheelchair users
- AJ’s Sports Centre Rowing Challenge - Challenge Your mate! Opens 8.30am
- Life Be In It Tug of War Championship - Recruit your own team of 4. Starts 8.30am
- Coloplast Booth Starts 8.30am
- Take on the Blindfold Teamwork Obstacle Challenge - Opens 8.30am
- Relaxation & Sports Massages - all proceeds to fundraising. Opens 8.00am
- Life Be In It Family Activities
- BBQ & Drinks by Southern Cross Association
- SBH Connect - Speak with our therapists
- Face Painting & Entertainment
10.00am - 2019 SSKB Wheel & Walk Fun Run
- 5km Fun Run / 1km Short Course Available
- Wheel, Walk, Run or Walk Your Dog
- Inclusive for all ages and abilities
Prebook your Relaxation/Sports Massage, Choose your Time & Save Money - all proceeds to fundraising
Fundraise and Raise Awareness
1 in 1200 babies are born in Australia with spina bifida. There is no cure for spina bifida and hydrocephalus. Children and adult clients require lifelong support to reach their potential. What can you do?
Fundraise - To Become a Wheel & Walk Fundraising Hero, click the Red Fundraise Button
- To fundraise as an individual, click here
- To fundraise as a team with your school or club, click here
- To fundraise as a company/business, click here
The highest fundraiser wins our best fundraiser prize.
To make fundraising fun and easier, download our Fundraising Supporter Toolkit click here
Join the Conversation
- Add our Wheel & Walk Facebook picture frame to your profile picture! Click here to View
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Use our SSKB Wheel & Walk hashtags #wheelandwalk and #celebratingallabilities
- Tag @sbhqueensland for shares
Thank you to our Event Supporters
Event partner SSKB Strata Managers | Community Experts - sskb.com.au
Gold Partner - Coloplast Australia | Continence, Stoma, Urology & Wound Care - coloplast.com.au
Gold Partner - AJ's Sports Centre | The Largest and Best value fitness club in Brisbane - ajsportscentre.com.au
Bronze Partner Life Be In It Funworks | Together Everyone Achieves More - lifebeinitfunworks.com.au