Looking for a truly impactful and meaningful Corporate Volunteering experience? Want a fulfilling team building week where your people can directly change the lives of a family living in poverty with their own hands?
Then consider taking your team to Cambodia's Siem Reap to build a house for a family in need.
For just US2,900 (around A$3,800), your Company can fund and build a home for a family. But the difference it can make to the life of a family living in poverty is priceless, as 15-year old 'P's' story relays.
A simple, sturdy Khmer-style wooden house provides shelter and security for Cambodian families living in need. Poor education, lack of skills and a shortage of job opportunities mean many rural Cambodians are still living in extreme poverty with inadequate shelter.
Volunteer Building Cambodia run volunteer programs which involve a week of building a house to replace the fragile structures that offer little protection from the elements. This not only provides a home for families living in poverty - improved living conditions change lives, through better sanitation, increased security, better sleeping arrangements and healthier living. Children in secure homes are less likely to get sick and more likely to attend school.
Building a home for a family is a wonderful and fulfilling experience. It is so rewarding knowing your hard work directly improves someone’s quality of life.
Volunteering with VBC will take you into the countryside where you will see a real slice of life in Cambodia.
Our projects are suitable for individuals and groups; no experience is necessary, but you must be physically able.
Check out the video to see VBC in action.
VBC have worked with many corporate groups, as well as educational institutions, who bring groups of staff or students to build a house as part of their commitment to social responsibility.
- Salesforce (read about their latest experience HERE)
- Griffith University, Australia
- International School of Koje, Republic of Korea
- Korea International School, Republic of Korea
- The Hertfordshire & Essex High School, England
- Fairholme College, Queensland, Australia
- Byron Bay High School, New South Wales, Australia
- St Joseph's Institution International School, Singapore
VBC have representatives based in Australia who can help you plan your next corporate volunteering project with us.
Get in touch and find out how your organisation could take part in a house build and change a family's life, and simultaneously change the lives of your employees, forever.
If you're interested in volunteering as an individual and not a Company, check out our individual's volunteering options HERE
We currently have seven scheduled house builds for 2018 available as follows:
If these dates are not suitable, we are willing to work with you and try to accommodate your required build week.
Our build sites have a great, fun vibe. No experience or skills are required, but you must be physically able. Each house build requires 10 volunteers but you can come with a smaller group, so long as the cost of the build is funded.
Costs for a typical build week:
- Cost of the house build: US$2,900 per house (can be paid by the Company or fundraised by your volunteers)
- The cost of return flights to Siem Reap
- The cost of accommodation (Circa A$50 per night x 5 nights for decent but not luxurious - hotel with private baths and included breakfasts)
- Other personal costs (i.e. travel insurance, sightseeing,
lunches and dinners, drinks, any additional transport)
- Local transport to and from the build provided by VBC
A typical week on a VBC house build project:
Sunday evening: Briefing followed by dinner
Monday - Thursday:
7am -12.00pm: Picked up from accommodation and dropped off at work site. Building work to commence until 12.00pm
12:30pm onwards: Free time (organised team activities or sight-seeing can be arranged)
House blessing, hand over of keys to new house recipients
Friday PM/Saturday: Depart Siem Reap
What VBC organise for volunteers:
- Your guesthouse accommodation, including breakfast (at your own cost)
- Airport pick-up
- 24-hour in-country support
- Daily transport to and from the project site
- Project orientation
- Introduction to Siem Reap
- Safe drinking water while on site
What volunteers need to organise:
- Travel insurance (You will not be able to take part without travel insurance)
- Lunch and dinner daily
- Snacks on the building site if required
- Sightseeing and entertainment
Interested? Contact Us - we'd love to host your team in beautiful Siem Reap.