Every year in May the City to Casino fun run event is held, this is a great family event that raises money for many different charities. Each year I aim to get 65 people (or more!) to participate in this event and join the 65 Roses Red team as part of a 65 Roses Challenge for Cystic Fibrosis (CF). Unfortunately this year due to COVID-19 this event has been cancelled, but there is no need for our 65 Roses Challenge to not continue! CF is the most common life threatening condition amongst us, it is genetic, and we have a high incidence in Tasmania. Individuals with CF endure significant treatment and symptom burden and often it is referred to as an invisible and isolating health condition. So I am proposing as a virtual 65 Roses Red team we can still raise awareness in the community of CF, and we can raise some much needed funds for CF Tasmania, who provide many beneficial resources for those affected by CF.
And there are so many ways you can join the team:
- register here for $10 and individual or $30 for a family
- please write your name so we know who has registered
- set your challenge - be bold in your ideas, it could just be 6.5km every week for the month of May, or it could be as a family 650km for the week. It could be run, walk, skip, ride. And of course even better if you choose to do it in the red tutu, a CF awareness top, or a red wig even! Continue to practice physical distancing in your challenge please, but still make your neighbours yell out to you...what are you doing this for??
- share this link with your friends and family, either for them to enjoy in the challenge, or support you.
- If you friends and family donate to this page please get them to include your name in their comments
- join our Facebook Group 65km 4 CF, and post your challenge and photos of your journey
There will be spot prizes for top fundraiser, best outfits, efforts to raise awareness and biggest distance achieved - we will need proof for this one.
In this world of uncertainty let's stand strong and support the CF community, whilst also achieving a goal of our own. Paint the town red, be bold with your challenge and help those with CF realise their dreams